Wednesday, November 14, 2007

November 14, 2002

5 years ago... this is the only clip of news I see on the internet left today....

Cpl. Jason D. Fisher, 27, of Thousand Oaks, Calif., and Pfc. Joseph P. Favorito III, 20, of Higgins Lake, Mich.,

Fisher and Favorito died Nov. 14 after an M1A1 Abrams tank ran over them during a pre-dawn raid at the Joint Readiness Training Center, Fort Polk, La. Both soldiers were from Fort Campbell, Ky.

This day threw everything we new and understood about life out the window. How could it happen? Why? Why? We have never found that answer. We can only speculate. We have grown leaps and bounds from this day. There will never ever and I can say that with extreme honesty be another man like him, ever. He was our brother and he was our best friend. At our side. For some reason, the one thought that sticks out about him today is the day we told him he was going to be an Uncle. The pride in his face was illuminating.

The building in which housed his funeral is now a lazer tag place. Odd. I know. But sitting outside of that building after seeing him there.... I remember the words to the song Bother by Stone Sour it was the only thing that put words to the empty look and place in our hearts that laid in. I even remember hearing it over and over at that time.

3 comments:

Melle said...

That song always reminds me of the whole time period too. It reminds me of your husband more than anything else and how hard it was to not be able to help him through that. :(

Hollie said...

that's why i put it on here. It reminds me of his journey through all this. and I believe we heard that song coming home from the viewing and it was so crazy.

Millie Favorito said...

I'm PFC Favorito's Sister and I miss him very much I couldn't believe that this happened and we will never really know the truth behind what really went on and what really truly did happen to the two boys. We miss and love them both very much and I' am very proud of my Brother and Jason for thier sacrifice to My family and to every U.S. family. We Love you Boys! Muah!