Sunday, November 9, 2008

Twirling lady


Where were your hopes and dreams? As a child... where did you keep them? Did you allow the prima ballerina to dance among them at night on top of your dresser in that box? Did you keep them safe with the trucks and dinosaurs at the foot of your bed? Wherever you kept them... are they still preserved?
Recently, within this year. I have had a whirlwind of events. I have had smiles and definate tears. I have had the happiness of my children's touch and the fear of my life being gone... at the blink of an eye.. I've had the test of friendships and the reality of love and war. My heart had been so full of positive and solid contentment and promise.... and crushed. At this point... I have searched so much to find the road in wich I should travel. I've reasoned... I've pleaded... I've nearly sold my soul to find the comfort. Me, the girl who can reason anything out for the positive. Why can I not understand?
Then, I thought about what is important. What is really and truly important. Is it the routines and habits you get accustomed to? Is it what you can afford this year over last? Where are those old hopes and dreams. It's not the complicated desires that should be focused on. Open that box and let the music play... let the little lady twirl with reckless abandon. Remember those simple hopes of innocent smiles and what is in front of you doesn't seem so challenging.

No comments: