Thursday, November 20, 2008

In the night sky...

Driving by myself on the road I lovingly call "the dead road" because the whole length is filled with cell phone dead spots and I always lose people on it. It was dark and late and I was on my way to get the kids at daycare. Alone with my thoughts... thoughts that made me smile and worry at the same time. Listening to whatever was on the radio. At the exact moment I had a particular thought, in total view of me and the cows along the side of the road, I saw my first ever shooting star. It was big, it flew for a good distance then poof with an ember fire of dissintegartion it was gone. I knew I was supposed to do something at that time. Oh yah. WISH! Hollie make a wish! I scrambled in my brain for something I wanted.. ironically it was the same thought I was having when I saw it. So, I just kept going on that silent train of thought all the way to the daycare but this time with a smile and a solid amount of ease and wonder.


I've seen scheduled meteor showers before.. on the mountainside of California... but for those, I was prepared. This totally caught me off guard and it seemed at the perfect time. It was beautiful.


Of course, I don't know what it means... if anything. But I'll like to believe it means everything will be alright... not to worry so much. Life will work itself out through the pains and frustrations and the happy heartfilled moments that put that smile on our face when we're alone are the things that make our wishes come true.

No comments: