Thursday, June 19, 2008

A clock in a hospital

I was in the hospital emergency room for a good portion of today. Another kidney stone. Apparently, once you have one... the chance of getting recurring stones is extremely great. I barely had to wait in the waiting room and everyone was very nice. Although, while I was laying in that bed hurting... I couldn't help but look at the clock. It was a very basic clock much like this one but not as fancy. I noticed a couple things..... the second hand looked just like an oversized red coffee stirrer and it hiccuped on the 6 at the 30 second point for exactly one second... so in reality.. time skipped a beat or gained an extra pulse. As I was getting sleepy from the nausea medicine I couldn't take my eyes off the black and white contrast of numbers and dots. I followed the bright red hand around the clock face until I was probably blue. In fact, my toes were blue from being chilly. Then a nice nurse gave me a heated blanket and I wanted to hug her. hehehe. I am home now and mobile for the most part... just waiting for it to pass.... or maybe it already has. Pesky time again...

No comments: